Friday, June 27, 2008

Introduction: Le Chic Garçon

I'm a 16 year old impetuous fashionista living in a suburban town where the only fashion references are that of the adoration of Juicy Couture. A place where world-reknowned designers like Yves Saint Laurent or Miuccia Prada are commonly uncelebrated--not to mention mispronounced. Somewhere where you, my dear fashion bloggers may call suburban Georgia--or, Fashion Hell. I will not say I know everything about fashion, however I will say that I proudly display my affection for the art that comes only with years of study and, of course, shopping. In a school filled with Hollister tees and Juicy tracksuits, I stand out, proudly clutching my assortment of various fashion publications while making my way to studious AP classes. Enlivened by what is beautiful in life, I'm here to blog about my journey to becoming a pave pounding New York fashionista while documenting all the roadblocks and challenges that face me ahead. Oh and did I mention I'm a boy?

I'm here to proudly push my designer loafer through the door of a majority-ruled woman's world, where men like Vogue's Hamish Bowles and Andre Leon Talley are a rarity. Given the fact that I have a long road ahead of me, there's nothing better than documenting my struggle to become one of fashion's elite, all while fighting off the books assigned by numerous AP classes and relishing in the beauty that is runway collections and various outfits and accessories I may come across. The ultimate light at the end of the tunnel, I'm writing to prove that no matter what happens, giving up your dream is just not an option. Ralph Waldo Emerson once said "The world makes way for the man who knows where he is going." I do not only dream by this quote, I live by it.

Le Chic Garçon

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your writing intensely drew me in and left me thirstily wanting more! I love how you're a guy trying to make it into the world of fashion--it's so much more interesting in a guys perspective per say, because it gives another, different outlook. Lets just say I'm looking forward to future posts!

Anonymous said...

I love this intro and your writing makes me want to read more!

Anonymous said...

I love your intro! And I applaud you for your ambitions to enter the fashion world! Good luck in blogging and beyond!

Mary said...

I have a feeling had I interviewed you for my most recent interview it would have come out different hahha, more to my liking :)

But yes, I love your style of writing and I do hope to see some pictures (PEDOOOO) because I love looking at well dressed guys. Good choice on the Frencg Grammar by the way... le garcon chic is just so.... Not French! Hahaa

lechicgarçon said...

I'm not sure if I would have been much help, as I do play for the other team, but I did enjoy hearing men's thoughts on fashion. Thank you all for the positive reviews :]

Shannon said...

ooh this blog is love! im so excited for you to continue posting and sharing fahion knowledge with eachother in the future! im just about as die-hard as you and stuck in suburbia. *sigh* ill notify you when i get my blog up-keep in touch
xoxo

Human Racing said...

wow, you have really nice writing style. It's always fun to see fashion from a guy's point of view. I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

atouchofpoison said...

Nice keep it coming!! Have you ever considered fashion journalism??

http://atouchofpoison.blogspot.com/
That's my blog lol

anna said...

I'm a fellow resident of "Fashion Hell" with every intention of making my way to New York as well. Not for fashion purposes (although it will be nice to surround myself with people who can decipher fashion from Hollister tees) but for photography. I can't tell you how many times I have been enveloped by inquisitive faces as I walk the hallways in 4" heels. Just so you know, I'm right there with you - making my way to AP lit only to be greeted by the oh-so-familiar question... "Why are you wearing that?"

Anonymous said...

wow, you're one of the first fashion bloggers i know who actually writes incredibly well. I'm looking forward to reading about fashion through a teenage male perspective. Keep on updating!

Anonymous said...

this is hot, homes
BALLLLLIINNNNN!